Discover a picturesque town with a superb location to explore top North Island, New Zealand attractions and plan to spend a few days.
WHY STAY IN CAMBRIDGE, WAIKATO, NEW ZEALAND?
Cambridge is a great place to experience authentic New Zealand where the rural economy and urban vibe of Cambridge offer visitors choices galore. Location says it all with convenient connections to Hamilton, Auckland and key attractions such as Waitomo Caves and Hobbiton. A great day trip from Hamilton or an excellent excuse for a short break from either Auckland or Wellington.
Hamilton’s airport is a short 30 minutes drive making Cambridge very accessible and very tempting. Cambridge, the Waikato hub to everywhere with options to cycle and/or drive. Easy country roads wrapped around attractive rolling pasture dotted with numerous cows (dairy).
|PLACE||PLACE||ESTIMATED TIME (vehicle)||DISTANCE|
|Cambridge||Hamilton||27 minutes||26 km|
|Cambridge||Waitomo Caves||54 minutes||65 km|
|Cambridge||Sanctuary Mountain||40 minutes||38 km|
|Cambridge||Hobbiton||30 minutes||27 km|
|Cambridge||Mighty River Domain||12 minutees||10 km|
|Cambridge||Te Awamutu||30 minutes||31 km|
|Cambridge||Auckland||1 hr, 50 minutes||146 km|
|Cambridge||Raglan||58 minutes||64 km|
|Cambridge||Tauranga||1 hour||82 km|
Cambridge with less than 20,000 residents is a quintessential small New Zealand town. There is a traditional main street with public square and town hall at one end and the museum at the other end of Victoria street.
Check your accommodation choice with travelling distances to your bucket list and you’re ready to go.
TOP PICKS – BUDGET
- Cambridge TOP 10 holiday park – Budget accommodation from cabins, ensuite powered and non-powered sites.
- Mighty River Domain (approximately 15 – 20 minutes from town centre) On the lakeside with excellent views of the water.
- Penmarric House and B&B – A budget B&B with some shared facilities, an excellent location for Cambridge town activities
TOP PICKS – MID-RANGE
- Cambridge Mews – A double spa bath in every unit, spacious motel rooms set in an attractively landscaped garden setting
- Podium Lodge Cambridge – Groups, sports clubs are going to enjoy the olympic feel to the lodge
- No 1 motels on Victoria – A truely superb location on the main street. Functional clean rooms with everything you need just a few steps away
TOP PICKS – LUXURY
- Karapiro Willows luxury B&B – Intimate private beautiful setting; perfect for couples, a romantic moment. Delicious farm to plate breakfasts round out a great accommodation experience
- Lake Edge Karapiro an airBNB option with glorious views of Lake Karapiro. The accommodation is approximately 15 – 20 minutes from Cambridge town centre
- Huntington Stables Retreat – A range of accommodation choices from luxury, mid-range and budget accommodation in a semi-rural setting. For three years running, Huntington Stables Retreat Accommodation has proudly held the top spot on TripAdvisor, as the leading Bed and Breakfast in Cambridge.
Find out more about what to do and see in Cambridge from conservation stories, Maugatautari Sanctuary Mountain to a leisurely stroll around Cambridge on a historic trail.
BEST BITS TRAVEL GUIDE
Best Bits travel guide is published by nzjane.com. Owned and managed by PacificJane Ltd.
Our editors independently visit tour operators, purchase tickets, pay for accommodation, and rate products and places. We are not paid to go on a tour or visit a place. We only make money if you decide to purchase a product through our website links. We promise to never accept free products from manufacturers in return for boosting their products. Read more about our affiliate programme in the terms and conditions HERE.