Lakelands holiday park is found at the back of Lake Wiritoa off State Highway 3.
A standard traditional camping ground with Lake Wiritoa as part of the landscape. There are powered and non-powered sites, chalet units. There are no ensuite facilities.
WHAT TO DO NEARBY
- Lake Wiritoa, Lake Wiritoa is a coastal dune lake set among 5 hectares of park-like grounds. It is perfect for swimming as well as jet-skiing, boating and canoeing, or just hanging out with a book or having a picnic. Check beforehand to avoid times when the lake is ‘booked’ for water ski club events.
- Spend time exploring Best 8 short walks in Whanganui
- Durie Hill tunnel & elevator
- Family friendly Kowhai Park (children’s playground) & Rotokawau / Virginia Lake
- Sarjeant Gallery Te Whare o Rehua
- New Zealand Glassworks Te Whare Tuhua o Te Ao
- Whanganui Regional Museum