Getting there and getting around
- SCHEDULED FERRIES. A ferry service from downtown Auckland to Rotoroa Island is managed 360 Discovery Cruises. The ferries currently run on a regular but seasonal basis: more frequently in summer, only weekends in winter. The trip takes just over an hour, with a stop-off at Waiheke’s Orapiu wharf on the way. You can also get to Rotoroa Island by ferry from Coromandel as the island is part of the scheduled stops. Click for 360 Discovery ferry timetable and fare information
- PRIVATE BOATS. Rotoroa Island is a fantastic destination for boating and sailing, with a choice of sheltered coves and bays all around the island. Click here to find out more information about driving yourself to the island.
- CHARTERS, WATER TAXIS, HELICOPTERS & SEAPLANES. If you’d like to come to Rotoroa Island but your visit doesn’t fit with the current 360 Discovery ferry timetable, there are other ways of getting to the island.
- WATER TAXI. Auckland Sea Shuttles. www.aucklandseashuttles.co.nz
- DAY PASS (LANDING FEE). A contribution of $5 per adult and $3 per child is appreciated from all visitors to the island, and goes directly towards our ongoing restoration and conservation programmes. This contribution is included in all public ferry tickets. For all other visitors it’s payable in cash on the island, at the Exhibition Centre or the honesty box at Ladies Bay, or via direct online transfer.
- DAY PASS (LANDING FEE) ONLINE PAYMENTS. You’re welcome to pay for your day pass via online transfer to our bank account below: 02-0108-0032549-01. Rotoroa Island Trust. If you need a receipt, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.