Unmissable Marine Parade where art deco meets the beach is a must-go destination. The 3 km of walkways and attractions is distinctive and very attractive. Day or night the Norfolk pines thread their way down the parade marking the entrance to Napier’s iconic seafront identity.
- The National Aquarium of New Zealand
- Playground, bike track, BaySkate park & mini golf course
- Revitalised reef garden, mature trees, fountains and swaths of lawn invite visitors to spread out a picnic rug
- Sunken Gardens in its 1930’s planting style
- Soundshell Pavilion continues to be a concert venue
- Pania of the Reef statue forever looking towards the sea
- Ocean viewing platform for the perfect sunset photo of Te Mata peak and beyond
- Ocean Spa swimming pool
Marine Parade is a natural drawcard for visitors. The area creates a glorious public space where concerts happen, families hang out and people gravitate. And the best bit, it’s free.