Five New Zealand events in October, must-visit activities
Spring is in full swing, the flowers are blooming, the sun is shining, it’s the perfect time for events and festivals. With school holidays, Halloween, and some beautiful sunshine thrown in the mix, you are destined to have a great time when attending any of the wonderful events Aotearoa (NZ) has to offer this month. Get amongst it.
Clay Earring Workshop. Have you been wanting to get crafty and learn how to make some one-of-a-kind earrings? This workshop hosted by Dripped With Honey is sure to satisfy your creative cravings.
- When and where: Every Friday of October, 5-7 pm, The Minimal Co., 24 Elizabeth Street, Wellington
- Cost: $70, tickets available on Eventfinda
Boon After Dark 2020. A sequel to Hamilton’s street art festival, Boon, this night time installation is a spectacular sight. Glowing mushrooms give magical and fantasy vibes and make for a stunning photo background perfect for Instagram.
Think T-rexes and raptors and feeling like you are living amongst real dinosaurs. This 2-hour interactive walk-through experience will help you discover 30 lifelike dinos. There are even fossil digging and walking dinosaurs for the little ones.
- When and where: Saturday, September 26 – Sunday, October 11, 10 am – 3 pm. 546 Marine Parade, Napier, Hawke’s Bay / Gisborne
- Cost: Adult or Child $25, Concession $23, Family pass $88
The Gallery Getaway Trail. Hosted by the Otago Museum, this event will immerse you into the world of the islands. Just imagine the breeze in your hair and the smell of the ocean while you make your way through the trail map clues to find your reward.
- When and where: Saturday, September 26 – Sunday, October 11, 10 am – 5 pm, 419 Great King Street, Dunedin
- Cost: Free
Family Quiz Night – Rotorua. Fancy some friendly competition? Bring the whole whanau (family) along for this ‘Believe it or Not?’ quiz night hosted by Level 13 Theme Rooms and Costume Hire.
- When and where: Friday, October 9, 6-7.30 pm, Level 13 Theme Rooms and Costume Hire, 1141 Eruera St, Rotorua
- Cost: Free
The journey is worth it.