In this remote setting, you will be able to look and listen for kereru, tui and fantail, while brown kiwi can often be heard at night. The forest is a mix of rata, rewarewa, rimu, tawa and kowhai trees.
- 28 non-powered/tent sites
- Bookings are required if you want to stay between 1 October – 30 April as part of the Whanganui Journey
- Dog access: No dogs
In the Great Walks season (1 October 2020 – 30 April 2021):
- Adult (18 years and over): $20 per night
- Child (under 17 years): free but booking still required
Outside the Great Walks season (1 May 2020 – 30 September 2020):
- Adult (18 years and over): free
- Child (under 17 years): free
Check DOC resource for up to date information.