Combine with Wellington laneways, street art and street food – Best Bits, and spend a day strolling through Wellington’s cityscape.
- Delve into a Old Bank Arcade; a classy retail centre
- Wonder about how many trees were chopped down to create the Victorian marvel of the largest wooden building in the Southern Hemisphere, now Victoria University Law Faculty
- Decidedly 1960’s architecture is encapsulate in the Beehive, NZ parliamentary building
- Enjoy photo moments with public sculptures along the way
- Pop into one of NZ’s fascinating museums with slightly odd collections inhabiting the ATTIC, Wellington Museum
- Enjoy bookshops, cafes and shops as you stroll the iconic Lambton Quay
- Hop onboard the Cable Car and consider whether to walk back to the city through the Botanic Gardens or simply enjoy a ride in the cable car back to the city
BEST BITS TRAVEL GUIDE
Best Bits travel guide is published by nzjane.com. Owned and managed by PacificJane Ltd.
Our editors independently visit tour operators, purchase tickets, pay for accommodation, and rate products and places. We are not paid to go on a tour or visit a place. We only make money if you decide to purchase a product through our website links. We promise to never accept free products from manufacturers in return for boosting their products. Read more about our affiliate programme in the terms and conditions HERE.