Often overlooked by visitors rushing off the Picton ferry on their way to Nelson. Marlborough, with its vineyards, vibrant artisan community, wide open spaces and iconic Queen Charlotte Sounds is a world class destination tucked into the hills and rivers of the South Island. Marlborough is worth the detour.
What to see and do in Marlborough:
- Explore Polynesian and early Maori history / culture in the region
- Historic ship Edwin Fox exploration
- Wine trails, largest wine growing region in New Zealand
- Art and craft markets, reflecting the vineyards, fruit and produce of the area.
- Explore the walking network linking waterways, peninsulas and islands of the Queen Charlotte, Kenepuru and Pelorus Sounds.
- Meet the native falcon, Karearea, New Zealand’s pinup girl on the $20 dollar note