Formerly known as the Horse Paddock, Yarrow Park, Miro Park and East End Park, it was officially named Naumai Park in 1926. The glorious park is a conversion of a dump site by devoted volunteers in the 1920s. Three lakes were part of the original plan, however there are now two lakes. Significant features include:
- 1927 kauri grove and native plant collection
- Lakes and ducks makes for a great walk with children
- Stone walls and waterfall operating through a recirculating pump in the upper lake,
- Summerhouse with murals
- Original Hawera Hospital ornamental gates donated to the park in 1932
- A ‘goblin’s park with its nooks and crannies invoking imaginative natural settings for goblins
In the heat of summer, it is a popular place for picnics with its shady corners. The park is a venue for concerts and public events. The film Predicament based on the book by Hawera author Ronald Hugh Morrieson used the park as a scene location.