Experience a slice of Old Waiheke at the Waiheke Museum and Historic Village.
For more information about Auckland heritage and places to go consult Amazing Auckland travel guide.
- A reconstructed woolshed housing the Museum’s main exhibits
- A 1930s-style island cottage
- Three small bach-style houses with period rooms and photo exhibits
- A working, manually-operated telephone exchange
- The original Waiheke jail
- Being developed: The Taonga Heritage Gardens
- Maori artifacts, a wool press, a whale oil cauldron and collectables
Check opening hours to avoid disappointment.