In this remote setting, you will be able to look and listen for kereru, tui and fantail, while brown kiwi can often be heard at night. At dusk you may also see bats. The forest is a mix of rata, rewarewa, rimu, tawa and kowhai trees.
- 26 non-powered/tent sites
- Bookings are required if you want to stay between 1
- October – 30 April as part of the Whanganui Journey
- Dog access: No dogs
In the Great Walks season (1 October 2020 – 30 April 2021):
- Adult (18 years and over): $20 per night
- Child (under 17 years): free but booking still required
Outside the Great Walks season (1 May 2020 – 30 September 2020):
- Adult (18 years and over): free
- Child (under 17 years): free
Check DOC resource for up to date information.