The motto ‘Life is good by the sea’ sums up the cheerful vibe of the New Brighton Seaside Market. The community is buzzing on Saturday, market day with the New Brighton pedestrian mall filled with pop up tents, food trucks and street entertainment.
Every Saturday throughout the year the market operates from 10am to 2pm. There’s something for everyone with craft goods, farmers produce from the back of truck, second hand books and clothing, emerging artists and designers showcasing their creative energy and plenty of food offerings to suit all palates.
What to do in New Brighton, Christchurch during the weekend?
- Indulge in a soak in classic New Brighton salt-water hot pools and enjoy the sunset
- Check the New Brighton pier for a spot of fishing
- Take the kids to New Brighton beachside playground and expect to get wet
- Find a place on the beach for fish n chips al fresco
- Explore the outdoors at one of Canterbury’s significant wetlands, Travis Wetlands Nature Heritage Park where birdsong is guaranteed
For more holiday ideas scroll through Christchurch Travel Guide and get planning your next escape.
BEST BITS TRAVEL GUIDE
Best Bits travel guide is published by nzjane.com. Owned and managed by PacificJane Ltd.
Our editors independently visit tour operators, purchase tickets, pay for accommodation, and rate products and places. We are not paid to go on a tour or visit a place. We only make money if you decide to purchase a product through our website links. We promise to never accept free products from manufacturers in return for boosting their products. Read more about our affiliate programme in the terms and conditions HERE.